Weekend traffic impacts: May 19-21
Last updated Tuesday, May 23, 2017
Check back often for the latest news on weekend closures. For up-to-date information about traffic and road conditions, visit 511mn.org or download our 511 app.
New this weekend
I-35E bridges in St. Paul
- I-35E will be have two lanes of traffic open in each direction through Sept. 22
- Shepard Rd. beneath I-35E will be a single lane in each direction through Sept. 22
I-35E in Vadnais Heights
- WB Hwy 96 between Centerville Rd and White Bear Pkwy will be reduced to a single lane through Sat, May 20
Co Rd 42 at I-35W in Burnsville
- Beginning 7 p.m. Fri, May 19 crews will start removing the westbound Co Rd 42 closure between the I-35W ramps and begin closing eastbound Co Rd 42 between the I-35W ramps. Eastbound Co Rd 42 will be closed and detoured through June 22
Hwy 47/St. Francis Blvd (south of St. Francis)
- Hwy 47/St. Francis Blvd is closed and detoured from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. Sun, May 21 between Norris Lake Rd (Co Rd 24) and Viking Blvd (Co Rd 22).
Hwy 65 in Fridley
- NB Hwy 65 will be closed and detoured from 9 a.m. Fri., May 19 until 7 p.m. Sat, May 20 between Mississippi St. and 73rd Ave.
I-94 Minneapolis to Brooklyn Center
- WB I-94 to Dowling Ave. is closed through Fri, May 26. There are several other ramp closures.
- Beginning Mon, May 22, Dowling Ave. to WB I-94 will be closed through Mon, May 29
- Southbound Hwy 252 to eastbound I-94 will be closed for bridge work through mid-July
- Westbound I-94 to Westbound I-394 will be reduced to a single lane. The I-394 HOV Reversible Lane will be used for all motorists traveling from westbound I-94 to westbound I-394 or to Hwy 100. This will last until Mon, June 12.
- Expect lane shifts and restrictions on EB I-94 and WB I-94 between Shingle Creek Pkwy and Nicollet Ave in Mpls through the end of 2017
- Eastbound I-94 reduced to two lanes between I-694/I-94 split and Hwy 252 through June
Hwy 110 in Mendota Heights
- EB Hwy 110 between Lexington Ave and I-494 will be a single lane where crews are present through June 11
- WB Hwy 110 between I-494 and Lexington Ave will have off-peak lane closures through June 11
Existing and ongoing
Hwy 10 at I-35W in Arden Hills
- The ramp from westbound Hwy 10 to northbound I-35W is closed through late-August
86th St. bridge over I-35W in Bloomington
- The 86th St. bridge over I-35W is closed through October
Hwy 36 in Oak Park Heights
- The left lane of WB Hwy 36 between Oakgreen Ave. North and Stillwater Blvd North in Oak Park Heights is closed and short delays are possible
Hwy 51/Snelling Ave St. Paul to Roseville
- Hwy 51/Snelling Ave is one lane in each direction between Como Ave and Hwy 36 through October
I-94 St. Paul to Maplewood
- SB Hwy 120/Century Ave. from Innovation Rd to I-94 will be reduced to a single lane through late-May
- Drivers should expect lane restrictions in both directions, traffic delays and temporary exit/entrance ramp closures as project work continues between St. Paul and Maplewood. There are several ramp closures and detours.
I-94 St. Paul to Minneapolis
- MnDOT maintenance crews are working along I-94 between St. Paul and Mpls applying weed control, pruning trees, and removing dead and invasive trees and growth on the right of way. This work will last through summer 2017.
Hwy 95 at the St. Croix Crossing
- Both northbound and southbound lanes of Hwy 95 will be reduced to one lane under the bridge through late-May
Hwy 169 Edina to Golden Valley
- Both directions of Hwy 169 between Bren Rd and 7th St (5th St, Lincoln Dr) are closed as the Nine Mile Creek bridge is replaced
- There are several lane closures and the ramp from westbound I-394 to southbound Hwy 169 is closed through October
Hwy 169 in Plymouth
- From 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily through Fri, May 26, 24th Ave at Hwy 169 is closed
Hwy 610 in Maple Grove
- Hwy 610 is restricted to a single lane in each direction between Elm Creek Blvd and I-94 in Maple Grove through 8 p.m. Thu, June 8
- The ramp from westbound Co Rd 81 to westbound Hwy 610 and the ramp from eastbound Hwy 610 to eastbound Co Rd 81 are closed through 8 p.m. Thu, June 8
I-694 Little Canada to Arden Hills
- Eastbound I-694 is restricted to two lanes separated by a concrete median barrier between Hwy 10 and I-35E. The inside lane carries through traffic and must continue east on I-694. The outside lane allows local ramp access and must continue south on I-35E. This will last through November.
- Westbound I-694 is reduced to two lanes through October
- The ramp from Rice St to westbound I-694 is now closed for the duration of project work