Project largely complete
Current traffic impacts
All lanes, ramps and the Nine Mile Creek Causeway opened Tue, Sept. 26.
Although major project work is now completed, some work remains. There will be night-time lane closures through mid-October to finish lane markings, barriers, painting the noise wall and landscaping.
About this project
Summary of work
Work on Hwy 169 included:
- Replacing the Hwy 169 bridge over Nine Mile Creek in Hopkins, Minnetonka and Edina. The bridge was replaced with a causeway, which is a raised road across a low or wet ground. Bridge conditions require that it be replaced by 2020.
- Reconstructing more than six miles of pavement on Hwy 169 between Hwy 55 and just north of Hwy 62
- Constructing acceleration and deceleration lanes on Hwy 169 at Cedar Lake Rd.
- Removing access to and from southbound Hwy 169 at 16th St. in St. Louis Park
- SB Hwy 169 ramps to and from 16th St. closed permanently
- Repairing noise walls
- Replacing concrete barrier
- Improving pedestrian accessibility
Metro Communications & Engagement