I-94 traffic changes in the east metro scheduled May 8 and May 12
ROSEVILLE, Minn. — Motorists will encounter traffic changes along Interstate 94 between St. Paul and Maplewood the week of May 8.
The following ramps are expected to re-open during the evening hours of Monday, May 8:
- Westbound I-94 to southbound Highway 61/Etna Street
- McKnight Road to westbound I-94
- Westbound I-94 to Hudson Road
- Hudson Road to westbound I-94 (the entrance ramp farthest to the east in front of 3M)
The ramps below will close starting at 8 p.m., Friday, May 12 and will remain closed through mid-summer:
- Westbound I-94 to Mounds Boulevard
- Southbound Highway 61/Etna Street to westbound I-94
- Northbound Highway 61 to westbound I-94
- Westbound I-94 to White Bear Avenue
These ramp openings and closings are needed as crews finish resurfacing the westbound lanes of I-94 in the project area.
The Interstate 94 reconstruction and improvement project will provide a smoother, safer, long-lasting road with better pedestrian accessibility and improved drainage capabilities. Performing periodic pavement repairs at the appropriate times can greatly increase a road’s lifespan. The project helps ensure MnDOT’s transportation system will continue to serve the state for many years. Construction is expected to be complete by fall 2017.
For more information about the project, visit: www.mndot.gov/i94eastmetro. Follow the project on Twitter @mndotnews for daily traffic updates.
For updated road condition information, call 511 or visit www.511mn.org.