I-94 long-term ramp and lane closures in the east metro scheduled April 7
ROSEVILLE, Minn. – Construction preparation continues with several ramp and lane closures on Interstate 94 between St. Paul and Maplewood starting on April 7, weather permitting.
Beginning at 8 p.m. Friday, April 7, the northbound Highway 61 ramp to eastbound I-94 will close. This closure will remain in effect through fall 2017.
In addition, the following ramps will also close from 8 p.m. April 7 to May 2017:
- White Bear Avenue to westbound I-94
- Burns Avenue to eastbound I-94 (McKnight Road ramp)
- Hudson Road to westbound I-94
- Westbound I-94 to Hudson Road
- Southbound Etna Street to eastbound I-94
- McKnight Road to westbound I-94
Westbound I-94 to Etna Street is not scheduled to close this week, but will close at a later date yet to be determined.
Motorists will also encounter lane closures in both directions of I-94 between Kellogg Boulevard and the I-694/I-494 interchange:
- Eastbound I-94 from 8 p.m. on Friday, April 7 to 5 p.m. on Saturday, April 8 will be reduced to a single lane.
- Westbound I-94 from 6 a.m. on Saturday, April 8 to 5 p.m. on Sunday, April 9 will be reduced to a single lane.
Closure durations and time frames are all approximate and weather dependent.
The Interstate 94 reconstruction and improvement project will provide a smoother, safer, long-lasting road with better pedestrian accessibility and improved drainage capabilities. Performing periodic pavement repairs at the appropriate times can greatly increase a road’s lifespan. The project helps ensure MnDOT’s transportation system will continue to serve the state for many years. Construction is expected to be complete by fall 2017.
For more information about the project, visit: mndot.gov/i94eastmetro. Follow the project on Twitter @mndotnews for daily traffic updates.
For updated road condition information, call 511 or visit www.511mn.org.