Hwy 51/Snelling Avenue construction open house set for Monday, March 13
ROSEVILLE, Minn. – The public is invited to an open house to learn more about construction and safety improvements planned on Highway 51/Snelling Ave. between Como Ave. and Highway 36 in Ramsey County.
The open house is scheduled for 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Monday, March 13, at the Falcon Heights City Hall, 2077 W. Larpenteur Ave. in Falcon Heights.
The construction is anticipated to begin in April and last until early-October 2017. The project work includes:
- Eliminating the left turn from Garden Ave. and Crawford Ave. to northbound and southbound Snelling Ave.
- Adding a second northbound left turn lane at County Road B
- Adding a second northbound and southbound left turn lane at Larpenteur Ave.
- Adding an eastbound right turn lane from Larpenteur Ave. to southbound Snelling Ave.
- Improving pedestrian safety by bringing sidewalks and ramps into compliance
- Adding a sidewalk between Hoyt Avenue and Larpenteur Ave.
Project team members will be available to answer questions and you will have an opportunity to find out about project staging and traffic impacts. There will be no formal presentation. For more information, visit the project’s website at: mndot.gov/metro/projects/hwy51snellingandhwy36.
To request an ASL or foreign language interpreter, call 651-366-4720. To request other reasonable accommodations, call 651-366-4718; the Minnesota Relay Service toll-free at 1-800-627-3529 (TYY, Voice or ASCII) or 711, or email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For real-time travel information anywhere in Minnesota visit www.511mn.org or dial 5-1-1.