Traveling in the southwest
Traffic and roads
- 2017 construction project map
- 2017 construction projects
- 2016 completed projects
- Future projects
- D8 Area Capital Highway Investment Plan (CHIP) (2017-2026)
- Navigate Minnesota with 511
- Truck permits
District 8 news
- The detour on Hwy 30 from Lake Wilson to Slayton has been removed and the road is open to traffic.
- Hwy 22 in Glencoe at Hennepin Ave. is now open to traffic.
- You're invited to the open house for the Lac qui Parle bridge (Hwy 40) project, June 28th from 5:30-6:30 pm in Milan at City Hall.
- You're invited to the open house for the Hwy 12 Litchfield reconstruction project on June 26th from 4:30-6pm in Litchfield at City Hall.
- The Hwy 7 resurfacing project and US71/Hwy 7 roundabout projects started Monday, June 12. A detour is required for the Hwy 7 project and can be found on the webpage. US 71, north and south, will remain open during the construction of the roundabout.
- Hwy 29 bridge replacement project in Montevideo started Monday, June 12. A detour is in effect.
- Hwy 22 south of Litchfield closed Monday, April 17. Detour is in place. The Hwy 22 project includes the resurfacing of Hwy 22, culvert replacement and construction of turning lanes. For more information on the project and the detour visit the project webpage. Construction is anticipated to wrap up by the end of June.