MnDOT urges motorists to use caution on Hwy 14 through Mankato
Highway 14 construction continues with daily lane closures
MANKATO, Minn. – Motorists are advised to use caution on Highway 14 through Mankato and North Mankato in construction work zones. Significant progress has been made on the Highway 14 project, however work is still underway and caution should be used in the area.
While pavement work is complete, motorists can still expect daily lane closures as crews work on guardrails, culverts and striping. Weather permitting, the project is anticipated to be complete on August 3.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation urges motorists to slow down, remove distractions and watch for workers, equipment and traffic control devices.
Construction began on Monday, June 11, on Highway 14 in Mankato and North Mankato. Six miles of construction includes:
- Resurfacing sections of the highway
- Repairing deteriorated culvert sections, including a large culvert at Thompson Creek
- Repairing ditch along westbound Lor Ray Drive exit ramp
- Updating pedestrian sidewalk ramps at 3rd Avenue and Riverfront Drive interchanges
- Updating median guardrail at bridges
- Repairing pavement approaches to bridges over Victory Drive and the railroad near Eagle Lake