Open house for Benson pedestrian accessibility, resurfacing projects set for April 19
DETROIT LAKES, Minn. – The public is invited to an open house to learn about two 2017 projects to improve pedestrian accessibility and resurface state highways in Benson. The event will be held on Wednesday, April 19, at the Benson city council chambers, 1410 Kansas Ave., Benson.
Residents and business owners are welcome to attend any time between 1 to 7 p.m. No formal presentation is planned, but representatives from the Minnesota Department of Transportation, the city of Benson and contractor Ti-Zack Concrete will be available to answer questions and address concerns about the pedestrian accessibility and signal work set to begin in May.
That project includes the following major improvements:
- Sidewalk upgrades to meet Americans with Disability Act standards
- Hwy 29 - from Oregon Ave. south to Clark Ave.
- Hwy 9 - from west of the Chippewa River to northeast to Sunwall Ave.
- Hwy 12 - from west of 19th St. east to near County Road 25
- Storm sewer upgrades
- Intersection of Atlantic Ave. and 13th St.
- Intersection of Atlantic Ave. and 14th St.
- Intersection modifications
- Minnesota Ave. and Church St.
- Atlantic Ave. and 13th St.
- Traffic signal upgrades
MnDOT staff will also be able to address questions about the resurfacing project scheduled to begin in the second half of the summer.
Interested residents and business owners are encouraged to sign up for regular email updates through the project website, mndot.gov/d4/projects/benson/.
To request an ASL or foreign language interpreter, or other reasonable accommodation, call Janet Miller at 651-366-4720 or 1-800-657-3774 (Greater Minnesota), 711 or 1-800-627-3529 (Minnesota Relay). You may also e-mail your request to ADArequest.email@example.com. Please request at least one week in advance, if possible.